Occupying a central site on Buxton Road approximately one mile from Stockport town centre.
The Borough Cemetery was opened in 1838. The burial areas are complemented by two chapels, gardens of remembrance and a baby garden/cemetery.
The Crematorium, situated within Stockport Cemetery, now has two chapels each with music system, organ and PA facilities with a loop for people with hearing difficulties. A range of memorials are available in the grounds surrounding the Chapels.
There are identified disabled facilities and anyone with special requirements are encouraged to contact the registrars office.
The day to day management of the Borough Cemetery and crematorium is carried out by United
Co-operative Funeral Group on behalf of Stockport Council.